- King George III- King George III angered the colonies by taxing without representation. He started the stamp act and the Americans were really unhappy with it.
- Bostonians- The Bostonians were five protesters murdered by the British troups in the Boston Massacre in 1770.
- Continental Congress- The Continental Congress met in 1774 to list greavances and in 1776 they met to write the Declaration of Independence.
- Lexington- Shots were fired at Lexington, beginning the armed revolution.
- Thomas Paine- Thomas Paine wrote the "Common Sense" in 1776, about the ideas of Englightenment. He was an immigrant from England. Colonies debated his words, but eventually came to agree with them.
- British Troops- British troops crushed the rebellion.
- France- France formed an alliance with the USA in 1778.
- George Washington- George Washington led the continental army.
- Thomas Jefferson- Thomas Jefferson was the principal author of the Declaration of Independence. He was from Virginia.
- Loyalists- The loyalists were one third of the colonists who supported Britian.
- Patriots- The Patriots were american soldiers who were determined to fight at any cost.
- John Adams- John Adams was a lawyer who defended British troops who were involved in the Boston Massacre.
- American Colonists- American colonists revolted against laws that were being enforced on them.
- Cornwallis- Charles Cornwallis was a British General in the Revolutionary way of America and Britian. He aided British victory in some battles and was a large participant in the victory for the British at Brandywine.
- Locke- ???????????